Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13

As I've already mentioned, keeping up with the December Daily has been a challenge especially on the weekdays. But no worries, with the Reverb10 prompts I have something to journal regularly.

Today I got 2 really great Christmas cards and they were great for different reasons. The first one was great because it was this vintage looking post card and I love all things vintage. The adorable baby on the card was a bonus. This has got to be one of the cutest cards I have received in a long time, next to mine of course.



The second card wasn't a particularly different or cool card. It was your everyday Christmas card. What made it great was who it was from. It was from my high school buddy who I lost touch with for close to 20 years. We were VERY good friends and I thought the friendship would last throughout college and beyond. But alas, life gets in the way. She married right out of high school. I went 5 hours away to college and then almost immediately to graduate school. We finally reconnected again about 2 or 3 years ago only to quickly lose touch again. At that point, I thought it was not meant to be. Our lives were, are, so different. I had reconnected successfully with my best friend from 3rd grade and she and I were great friends right through college. We lost touch for a bit, but reconnected 3 years ago and are still in touch. When I saw the return address on that card today, I almost didn't want to open it. Not sure why. Perhaps I thought it would be another false start. But I quickly got over that, opened the card and was happy to read her note, have her email, phone and mailing address all at my fingertips. No excuses now. I plan to quickly respond to her with all of my information and hopefully we can get together in this holiday season.



In that vain, I have created another set of Christmas cards for the Memory Works consultant website using Cosmo Cricket's Oh Joy paper line and Buck Naked Chipboard.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.