Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14

Today's Reverb10 prompt is so timely. Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

You know I have been a little unhappy at work lately. I suppose we all are at some time or another right? But in spite of that, I am extremely appreciative and thankful for my job, my career. I work at a wonderful place with mostly wonderful people. Nothing is perfect so I had to say mostly. I am consistently supported and when I am not, I almost always walk away understanding why the answer was no or the decision was different. So the one thing that I have come to appreciate this year, though it has been quite challengeing to do so, is my job and my place of employment. Thanks for not downsizing.

I like to think I express my gratitude daily in just how I do my job. I don't take many days off and I have to be really, really sick to call in. It's easy to call out sick when you are unhappy somewhere but I have too many people depending on me and too many responsibilities. I end up feeling guilty. I do however resist the temptation to become a workaholic. I think it's the worse thing that anyone can do to themselves. Life is about balance. Without that, no matter how much we make or how much we love our jobs, eventually the scales will tip against us and we'll fall. So stay balanced so that others can appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.