Monday, August 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My one week resort vacation has come and gone. It was well deserved and much needed for us, but we are glad to be in our home and in our own beds. The customer service left a lot to be desired this time around, which I found very strange since I always stay at the same resort and have always been more than satisfied. I am just going to chalk it up to one bad stay and hope it doesn't happen again.

I love to sight see and visit new places when I travel. But there's something about being in the Dominican Republic for me that makes me feel at home on so many levels. I don't feel the need to be a tourist. I don't feel like a tourist there. I even hope to live there some day for part of a year like the NY/FL retirees. But like in my 70s or something far far away like that!

In the meantime, I will just have to be satisfied with one or two weeks per year in my home-away-from-home paradise.

Here are a few of my favorite pics.

We were lucky enough to share this vacation with my great friend, 
college roomie and hermana, Monica, and her gorgeous baby AJ.

 I mean really, can they get any cuter?

SUPER STAR! She signed a lot of autographs that day. 
It was nuts. Who knew Ecuadorian stars were so popular in DR?

Actually, AJ was the real superstar.


Ethan just couldn't hide the excitement of being on a plane. "Are we there yet?"
"No Ethan, we haven't even taken off!"

"Where the hek are we? I MUST find the pool!" 

This is what we call the HYYY YAT Jump! 
Those swimming lessons are really paying off.

"Hey, stop squooshing me! i want to be in the picture too. 
Mommy and E-tan are camera hogs."

"Phew! Was that so hard? Yes, Yes get my good side."

The water felt as good as it looked. 

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment.