Sunday, August 15, 2010

All over the internet

I am all over the web lately. I'm participating in all kinds of challenges and taking classes here and there. I can't even keep it all straight. Memory Works has just launched it's new Simple Stories kit called El.e.men.tary. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to get my hands on it. My son is going to parochial school PreK starting in September and I know I am going to go nuts taking photos of him in his little uniform. I am so excited for him to be in school officially. Memory Works is having a great sale going on. Just email me if you are interested in any product or having a party. They're doing great things over there.


I've been participating in Lain Ehmann's Scraphappy "club."I really like it. She had a special offer for LOAD alums and I took advantage of it. But once that offer is over, I'll need to make a decision. But so far so good. If you know Lain or checked out any of  her web pages or blogs, you know that lady really loves Hugh Jackman. LOL!


I'm also playing along with Big Picture Scrapbooking's BIG IDEA FESTIVAL. That's been really cool and the projects and layout ideas, along with the prompts, are awesome.

 

Ohh and after listening to the last Paperclipping Roundtable I checked out Dedra Long's blog and joined her "One Weekend 2 Shots" flickr group. It started back in June, but I'm sure I'll catch up soon enough. If I look hard enough, I'll probably find photos I shot from the weekends I missed. Hmmm.

Here's my first installation of Dedra's flicker group:
King of the Toy Explosion.

Of course, Paperclipping is one of my fave scrapping sites. Noell Hyman has a great video out, her latest, on her system of creating mini books which works on both traditional and digital. I also participated in the August Challenge. I am getting a lot of mileage on the wedding album i just completed. Check out my last post for a slide show of the mini book and layouts.

Elle's Studio is hosting a free Journaling class and that has been really interesting. Seeing how other folks process the idea of journaling is encouraging and helpful. The ideas are all over the map, but the key is to get something down. Write the basics - date, time, location, event. Write the emotion - what feelings does the photo or event conjur for you? Record words - did anyone in the photo say anything of interest or fun that could be included. Every once in a while, I even refer to a quote book or idea book to really capture the story. Anything goes!

This weekend, I got my very own copies of Photo Focus and The Big Picture by Stacy Julian. I am absolutely loving those reads. I have been wanting to take her BPS class called Library of Memories, but now I may not have to b/c I own Photo Focus. I'll be finished with it by the weekend and ready to implement some of her great organizational techniques.


I love scrapbooking and wish I could make a living out of it. For now it's just a hobby that I love. That is certainly good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.