Thursday, August 19, 2010

Serenity Created with Christine - Card Challenge

My friend and fellow cropper, Christine, is hosting her first challenge over at Serenity Created. I wanted to support her and here's my creation. The challenge:

to create a card using some kind of embellishment you purchased over a month ago but have yet to use. We all have purchased something we "had to have" then watched it for a week then two, meaning to use it but just somehow can't.


Everything I used on my card was purchased over a month ago AND I've been wanting to use it. It took Christine's challenge to get me using my stash. Thanks Christine. The card foundation is basic Kraft paper. The patterned paper is Daisy D that was sitting in my scraps basket. I was happy to finally  use it b/c I love the look of it. The white ribbon is from Michael's. The green ribbon I received from a ribbon swap among Memory Works consultants. The flowers are prima and the Happy Birthday tag which is probably what I've wanted to use the most and felt was a must-have at the time is from Elle's Studio online shop. Not sure who makes the nylon butterflies. I got those at the Scrapbook Expo in Somerset, NJ. You can't tell in the photo but I spritzed the flower with some clear, but shiny Iridescent Gold glimmer mist. The inside of the card is blank. I hope you like it. 








1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card Rosann!! I love the color combo it looks so soft and elegant. Thank you so much for supporting me and playing along! :)

    Check back next week to see the random winner.

    -christine

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.