Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paperclipping Roundtable - God Bless Ikea

I'm a big fan of the Paperclipping Roundtable. By far today's show was my favorite. Second was the show with Tim Holtz, "How Vintage Are You?" For me, the shows go hand in hand. The discussion about family and genealogy and family stories are part of being vintage, at least in my process.


Ali Edwards was on the show and she discussed her Big Picture Scrapbooking class. I took Yesterday/Today at the end of 2009 and decided to revisit the projects I created for that class. The class let me really think about my personal stories and the idea of  scrapping MYSELF. Who would have thunk it. It allowed me to be reflective and really pay attention to myself. Considering I started this hobby when I had my son, this was a concept that was foreign to me until I took this class. It was FREEING







There was a lot of discussion on the show about the importance of telling the story, even without photos.






Finally, there are other ways to scrap where it's really just about the feelings the photos conjure up for you.



I highly recommend the class if you are ready to think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.