Sunday, November 21, 2010

Somerset Publications

I have to say I really love browsing the Somerset Series of publications. They are so artistic and beautiful to look at. They make me feel nostalgic for some simpler place and time that I have never known, yet the work pulls in digital art. It's nostalgic meets modern media.





































I took a walk over to the Park Slope Barnes and Noble yesterday and it was hopping in there. 7th Avenue in Brooklyn is such a cool, family-oriented neighborhood. Coffee shops, pastry shops, bookstores and independent toy stores and boutiques line the streets and make shopping at the local mall seem so boring and un-chic. I have to say I am not yet used to living in Brooklyn, even though it's been 3 years, but it's little walks like the one on 7th Avenue that endears me to the largest of the 5 boroughs - slowly but surely.

A cupcake truck outside Barnes and Noble. Who needs Mr. Softee?

King of cupcakes bakery on 7th Avenue, Brooklyn. It's been open 3 weeks and their red velvet and pear dulce de leche cupcakes are to die for. Check out that King Cupcake - $34.99 and it supposedly feeds 30. I don't know about that. It's big, but not that big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.