Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has come and gone and the big Christmas Season has begun. Well, actually, it began right after Halloween since I saw homes already decorated and Christmas sales already in stores. My pumpkins are still gracing the front yard, along with the hay bale and scarecrows...at least for one more night.

But back to Thanksgiving. This year I spent it away from my parents, probably the first time ever. My family and I hit the road to Alexandria, VA to visit my girl, her husband and their new baby. Unlike the rest of the country, we left on Thanksgiving morning, which was the best thing we did. I also thought leaving Saturday at noon was a good idea. Not so much. Better than leaving Sunday? Yes, but there was still a lot of traffic on Saturday. It took us 6 hours to get home.

So what am I thankful for? It's been a challenging few months for me, but I still have a lot to be thankful for. I have a great husband and adorable kid. My parents love me. I have great friends. I have a job, a roof over my head and food on the table. Too much food on the table this weekend perhaps! Thank you to Norma, Clif and Giselle for opening their home to us.

As usual, I got a ton of photos to share.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.