So here are a few things I did in these last 30 days as a newly minted 40 year old.
1. I made one of the most important purchases I have ever made.
Yes people. I feel like my hair follicles had a little switch that turned on and said, "oh wow, she's 40 now. Turn up the gray hair production." I should count myself lucky since my father has been gray since he was about 19 and I know plenty of people who started going gray in their 20s. But the influx in pigment-less, kinky grays right above my ears is nothing to celebrate.
2. I think I am going to try to finish up my doctorate. I've done all the course work and I just need to take my comprehensive exams and write the damn dissertation. Oh, that's all! But I've started the necessary paper work to get that up an running again. Fingers crossed.
3. I went cold turkey on any and all beverages. H20 ONLY! I have had only 2 starches in the past 2 weeks and I have drastically shifted my eating habits. Pre-baby, pre 35 body anyone? Toes crossed.
4. I made our summer vacation plans. Punta Cana, here comes the Elliott crew. I think Ethan is old enough now to appreciate a resort.
5. Summer camp registration is a go. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it's not like I can take July and August off. The child needs something to do. So camp is all set followed by after-camp camp ie Camp Abuelo and Abuela. He's never going to want go back to school in September. Can you say spoiled rotten?
So summer begins in ernest next week Tuesday. If you don't want to think about your year ahead - might be too much for some - think about the next 2 months. What are your plans? Are you going away or planning a staycation? Maybe a little bit of both? How about some home improvements? Share with me if you'd like. Maybe I can get some ideas from you. Happy Summer!
Photo of the Month
I take hundreds of pictures a month and in trying to improve my skills, I am going to pick one photo a month as part of this post to share. Enjoy.