Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week in the Life 2013 - September 10

Sigh. Day 2 of school. We started off better. The school bus was less late. I missed the teacher's call who was going to provide me with the answers I needed yesterday. And then BOOM! I get a call. strange man says "I have your son." Sounded like a ransom call. Turns out he is the father of the other kids who live on the block. Never met him in my life. Thank goodness Ethan knows my number. Bus driver released my son into his custody. Why? A stranger! Thank goodness he was kind and assisted Ethan to be safe. Thank goodness the neighborhood busy body was on her porch and took Ethan in. His sitter was minutes away. Bus was 20 minutes EARLY. Started a 2nd barrage of irate letters to the school and the NYC schools chancellor. NO RESPONSE! So upset. So emotional. LIVID. Work to do. Complaints to make. Visiting the school on Friday morning.



Added emotions. Attended a 9/11 memorial event for the college's alumni who perished in the 9/11 bombings. My colleague "planted" 2,977 American flags on the college lawn to represent each person killed. He "planted" 68 John Jay college flags to represent the 68 alumni who of the college who died. He "planted" 60 national flags representing the nationalities of those who perished in the bombings.


Added emotions. My husband's son's stopped by for a surprise visit while we were gone. We haven't seen him in 5 years. He's a vision of the future. Ethan looks just like him! Looking forward to a happy reunion.

Good news. Family addition in December. Isaac Christopher in 4D.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.