Saturday, April 23, 2011

Meta Blogging? Huh!?!

My blog this year has been really about my one little word - declutter! So why not declutter my blog? I am satisfied with it thus far, but things can always get better, no? How would I do that? Well for starters, I've signed up for Google Analytics. I really want to know who my readers are and what I can do to make their reading experience at my blog better. I want them to keep coming back.

Blogging for me is inextricably linked to my scrapping. But that has evolved. And the evolution has been pretty natural. Never forced. When I got started, it really was just about sharing my layouts and talking about what I liked, my styles and also my photos. I started a Photos of the week post that I never followed through regularly but am thinking of adding back in. My photography is improving and it's the foundation to my enjoyment of scrapbooking.

The next evolution has everything to do with the storytelling. Journaling has become such an important aspect in my scrapping and my blogging. I am not just posting a pic of my layout. The layout is now the by product of the stories. What has become important is the photo and the story behind the photo. Sometimes it is the other way around. I want to tell a story about my son's personality and just find a photo that makes sense about who he is at a particular moment in time. I've never been very good at keeping a diary or journal until I discovered blogging.

I know I really enjoy photography blogs, crafting blogs and blogs by women. Reading those blogs have really allowed me to become a better writer and have a better design eye. After all, a blog is just a virtual scrapbook and journal. I know my style and I know myself and I want that to come through in my blogging. And to think, this all started with my desire to relax and relieve some stress through art (photography, art journaling, scrapbooking and now blogging). Stay tuned.

So what made you start blogging? Leave me a comment and share. I'll do a random drawing for a Simple Stories Destinations paper pack.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Rosann, I just started blogging this year. It's like a whole other job and I only post once a week LOL! I was encouraged by my online art journaling friends to get my miniatures out there. They were fascinated by the idea of scale arts and some had never seen any. I have to say that I'm glad I took the plunge! The encouragement that I've received has been heartwarming. There are so many great blogs out there, so I am thrilled when someone takes the time to look at my little baby blog! Your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you and agree with so many points you make. We learn, we grow, we change and we do this in our lives, on our scrapbook pages and our blogs.

    I started blogging because it felt right and I wanted to share my scrapbook pages with the world. I only wish I would have started sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.