Monday, July 25, 2011

Week in the Life, Day 1

This week I am documenting a week in my life. It's a challenge from the Ali Edwards blog. She always does interesting things to get people to really think about their lives and understand that everything we do from the minutiae on up, is important. It's the little things in life that count. It's all important. Even if it's annoying!

So what was my first day of the week like?

  • Today, I was so busy at work that I didn't really stop and record my day. Overall it was orientation for the incoming freshman and I am in charge of parent orientation. I enjoy speaking with and to the parents. They are so thoughtful and focused on what is best for their children. And I can truly appreciate their point of view.
  • When I picked up Ethan he started doing the limbo out of nowhere. Where the hek did he learn that? Turns out the limbo, hot potato and muscial chairs was part of the curriculum at camp today. Don't I wish my day was that much fun.  I didn't get any pics sadly! 
  • I was driving on the Van Wyck and there was an overturned truck on the Jewel Avenue exit (Queens). I had no clue how it got that way based on where it was. It was on its side on the shoulder. It looked like someone pushed it really hard and tipped it. Traffic was moving so I couldn't safely take a pic.

I did get pics of the pet peeves that I deal with regularly. Do these things only happen in my household?

SIGH. Seriously, Ron!?! I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see this. This is a regular occurrence in my home! 
See the OJ on the counter? IT'S EMPTY! That's were I found it. Right over the open cabinet that has the recycle bin and trash. IT WAS OPEN. Does it not take the same energy to put it in the trash as to place it on the counter?

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment.