Sunday, June 30, 2013

Click. Groupon!

Gotta love Groupon! My colleague signed us up for a photography class in Central Park this weekend. The instructor is a landscape photographer and a pretty good teacher. I have been teaching myself photography in drips and drabs. I must say that an actual walking tour is the way to go. It's hands on learning. The light shifted enough during the 2.5  class, due to the time of day, that we were able to see what settings go with various types of light.

The biggest lessons I learned were how to pan (see biker) and the role of ISO and shutter speed. I still need a lot of work on my aperture and depth of field selections. But I also think that a 35 mm lens presents limitations to this technique.


I definitely need more lessons. But I feel good about what I know so far. Practice makes perfect.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment.