Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Snow Day - Creative Opportunity

Sigh. It's another snow day here in lovely NYC. My son's school is closed and my job had a 2 hour delay. In the end, I didn't make it in to work. One might think that this is great. Once in a while it is. But the reality is that snow days are double work. I am working at home trying to keep my son busy and fed but I am also available to my job by phone and email. On top of that, not going in today, means the possibility of more work tomorrow.

With that said, I took advantage of the time to get a little creative. LOAD 211 is well on its way. Today's prompt was really interesting. I searched my name, Rosann, on Ebay, and found inspiration in a doll with the same name and same spelling (which is rare) and the color palette on the cover of business book whose author has my name as well. It took some time to think it through and then eventually execute, but I am happy with my busy, yet artsy for me, layout. It is so true that inspiration can come from ANYWHERE or ANYTHING.

   

Here's what I came up with. It's a little busy but I like it. Since the prompt was about my name, I thought why not scrapbook myself. It reads...Know Thyself. Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look. --- Marcus Aurelius.

This is special resist paper from Stampin' Up. It comes completely white with a resist pattern. Using inks (fluid or pads) you use whatever color combos you want to bring out the design...very cool! All the flowers are from Prima. The butterflies are made of nylon and wire but I have no idea who makes them. The bling is from want2scrap.com.


Here was yesterday's layout. My son is a constant source of laughter and inspiration. I am sure you can see why. The bulk of the paper and elements are from Memory Works Elementary line. The mat behind the photo is from Project life and I don't know who makes the stickers knobs and wire.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your layouts, they are beautiful. I especially love the one of you - AWESOME! The Baby's video was adorable, tell him I said he's a super star.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.