Monday, January 31, 2011

Project Life - I gave in!

Last year I went back and forth about getting into Project Life. It seemed intimidating and while reasonably priced, it would end up being expensive if I didn't use it. By the time I decided to bite the bullet, it was sold out for good. There goes that. Then I decided to look into Memory Works' Simple Stories. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I enjoy the flexibility of mixing in a 12x12 layout with a 12x12 pocketed sheets of varying sizes that support the 12x12 layout (or not). In that way it seemed similar to Project Life. So I am a Memory Works Consultant as a result and have really enjoyed the Simple Stories system immensely.

2011 comes along and Project Life is all over the airways. This time there is a Turquoise edition which was much for male friendly in its design. I have boys...well, a boy, a man and a dog! I hemmed and hawed again...should I or shouldn't I? I've already joined LOAD 211. I'm enrolled in a couple Big Picture Classes; One Little Word with Ali Edwards and I enrolled in Karen Grunberg's class, Embrace Imperfection. Let's not forget I am trying out some Art Journaling Everyday with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. Only 24 hours in the day - so what! LOL. Ok. I decided to bite the bullet again and went to Amazon.com. WHAT? SOLD OUT? Sigh. Wait, finally back in stock and click, I purchased the Turquoise edition. Well I have to say, it's been a few hours and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. That doesn't replace my love of Simple Stories...au contraire! There is plenty of love to go around.





1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment.