Sunday, May 15, 2011

Countdown to 40 - 2

May 15 - 2 Days to 40

People have asked me if I am taking Tuesday off. It really wouldn't be worth it for me to do so considering the distance between my house, Ethan's school and my job. If I took Tuesday off, I would want to have time to myself. I would want to sleep in. I would not want to do any housework. Well, I'd still have to get up early to drive Ethan all the way to school. I wouldn't bother coming back home because that is just too much gas and too many tolls. And even if I splurged and came home, there is so much mess and housework to do that I wouldn't really be able to enjoy my "time alone." Not to mention it's a crazy time of year for anyone who works in higher education and I am 99% sure my boss wouldn't approve the time off. So, no, I won't be taking my birthday off from work. Don't you hate when life gets in the way?

I thought I'd keep it light today and check out what the symbols for May birthdays are.

The most obvious is the Zodiac sign. I'm a Taurus. Here's what Horoscope.com says about us Taureans:


Strong, dependable Taurus leads the way when it comes to reaping the rewards of hard work. Lovers of everything that is fine and beautiful, Taureans surround themselves with material gains. This is a sensual, tactile sign. Touch is very important in everything from work to romance. Stable and conservative, Taureans are among the most reliable of the zodiac. While sometimes viewed as stubborn, this sign will plod along on a task until the very end, ensuring that everything is up to standard. They're highly creative and thoroughly enjoy making things with their own hands.


Pretty accurate I think.




Birthstone - Emerald
Flower - Lily of the Valley
Zodiac - Taurus. Even under the supposedly new zodiac configurations, I'm still a Taurus.
Weird fun fact - Apparently whatever day of the week May start, means that no other month will begin on that day. So May 1st this year was a Sunday. None of the other 11 months have or will start on a Sunday. Same goes for June. Weird huh?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.