Sunday, May 8, 2011

Countdown to 40 and Fabulous - 9

May 8th - 9 days to 40.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

So here I am again. 9 days until the big day. I woke up yesterday and thought, I need to go to the gym. I don't want to be 40, Fabulous and Fat. So I headed over to Court St. and Hamilton Ave. and joined CKO Kickboxing. Wow, what a workout. Fingers crossed that it will give me the motivation and energy I need.

This is a step toward de-cluttering the body. I have one resolution this year and that's it....DE-CLUTTER - the mind, the body and the soul. It's not been easy but I try to do something every week to bring me closer to that goal. I think I'll just spring for a cleaning lady to help me out with the spatial de-cluttering. The mind, well, de-cluttering continues to be a work in progress. There is so much I want to do that my mind is always racing.

TinyBuddha.com has some great quotes and words of wisdom. I found a quote that I have been keeping in mind lately to help me with my goal to eliminate the clutter in my life. "When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt." (Honore de Balzac) So when I say I doubt I can lose 10 lbs in 2 months, I think about taking my power back from doubt. When I say UGHHH I doubt I can get all these chores done this weekend, I say, damn you doubt! I've got 1-800-Maids in my rolodex (does anyone use a rolodex anymore?) But you get my point.

40 means taking a cue from 1980s Janet and staying in CONTROL. It means taking Honore's words to heart and not relinquishing power to the mind games we play on ourselves, hence a start toward de-cluttering the mind. So I say Hail 40! The power is all mine (evil laughter).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.