Friday, May 13, 2011

Countdown to 40 and Fabulous - 4

May 13th - 4 days to 40.

OMG, technology reallly messed me up today. But all is not lost. Here is today's post...FINALLY!

May 13 – 4 days to 40




Well it looks like technology is creating some glitches, but that won’t hold me back.



So today I want to talk about who I want to be like when I grow up. I have a lot of people I admire and most of them are people I know personally. I’m not much for idolizing celebrities, though Michelle Obama and Oprah are very good role models. There is one celebrity in particular, however, who has really made quite the impression on society over the past few years. She has reinvented herself to the nth degree and her appeal and notoriety is all over the demographic map. Who is this person you ask?

Let me just show you.



From this:













To this:









TOOOOO this:












REALLY?!? The woman is 88 years old and gets about 4.5 hours of sleep per night (according to Parade magazine). I’m crying about only getting 6 or 7. She loves animals and only drives herself around in Cadillacs.
So if I had to pick one person to be like in 40 more years, then Betty White is it – not so much fame and fortune, though I continue to play the lotto regularly – but in terms of her zest for life, positivity and energy. I mean have you seen the Snickers commercial or her host gig on SNL?! She’s even hung out with Jay Z a little when she went on the Letterman show. So don’t call me Marta Estewer (she’s been to jail). Call me Beh-tee Why. Or Betty Tannish-Brown works too.
The year is half way done, but I need to get this calendar. I’m sure it’s on clearance! FABULOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.