Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Without change, there would be no butterflies!

I want to write, but I don't want to write. Does that make sense? I feel the need to express myself, but I can't seem to put the proper words together. One of my newly favorite web pages is TinyBuddha.com. I love quotes and this site has good one everyday. Here is a quote tht really inspired me today. I hope it will let me articulate myself the way I wish to.

"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy the world." --- Helen Keller

I adore my family, nuclear and extended. They are all such a great group of people from the eldest to the youngest. Today, my family said goodbye to one of our elders. And sometime this week, we will be saying hello to a new baby. So, I find Helen Keller's words to be ever so fitting for me today as I put pen to paper or in this case fingers to keyboard.

Perhaps it sounds trite - the ever cliched terms - everything happens for a reason or God never gives us more than we can handle or time heals all wounds. Maybe! What I think is important about these terms is just that we grow and learn from every mistake, from every wound, from everything that brings us joy and from everything that brings us pain and sorrow. As long as we continue to be open to what lessons come our way, we'll be alright. Just as soon as we say ADIOS, we get a chance to say BIENVENIDO!

                     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.