Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's December 1st. Excitement!

You might be thinking, December 1st - Big Deal. I say YES, BIG DEAL. What December 1st means to me? ALOT, MUCHO!

1. It's my sorority's anniversary (23 years to be exact).
2. The December Daily Project starts today and I've been looking forward to it for weeks. And Ali Edward's blog post today referred her readers to Reverb10 which also starts today. So more excitement.
3. I sent out my Christmas cards today. I love sending out my Christmas cards. I make photo cards from our Fall Family Photo Shoot and they always come out great. Jackie Weisberg is a hell of a photographer.
4. December 1 is one day closer to Christmas. Woot Woot!

I had no idea what I was going to "December Daily" about today. But 9:30pm rolled around and my son gets his second wind after his bedtime. We visited the National Harbor in DC during Thanksgiving weekend and there is a Peeps Store there...yes peeps, those yucky marshmallow, chick shaped sweets. Who knew they had a store? And they make Mike and Ike's and Peanut Chews. I'm more of a Hershey's girl myself. Anyway, I digress. They gave us these weird foam hats as we walked out. I came very close to throwing them out last night. Glad I didn't because my son insisted that we we all put them on and take photos.

MY 3 YEAR OLD ACTUALLY TOOK THIS PICTURE WITH OUR CANON SLR. NOT BAD! WE LOOK TERRIBLE, BUT WHO CARES. WE CLEAN UP NICE.


MY 3 YEAR OLD.



So let's get to Reverb10. I learned about it 30 minutes ago and am so excited about what it is all about that I am wasting no time to get into it. Today's Prompt:

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)



CHALLENGING is my word.
Why? Why the hek not? It's been a crazy year on a host of levels - professional, personal, emotional. On the bright side, challenges always come with opportunities to make things better and to learn about ourselves, our jobs, the people we love. Challenges come with opportunities to change for the better even though change is scary.
My 2011 word: CHANGE -  something's gotta give, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.